How to Schedule Computer Shutdown After Specific Period of Time
Today, I am gonna show you how to schedule your computer to shutdown at any time by using Windows Task Scheduler.
Follow the steps Shown below:
1. first, open notepad and type c:\windows\system32\shutdown -s -t 60. It will shutdown your computer in 1 minute.
2. Save it as .bat extension. For example shutdown.bat
After you created .bat file,
Go to Start => All Programs => Accessories => System Tools => and open Task Scheduler
In the Task Scheduler window,
– click Create Basic Task…
– Type name of task and description, click Next
– Choose Radio button as you like, click Next
– Set your Scheduler Date and Time, and click Next.
– Choose Start a Program, click Next button.
– Browse the .bat file you created earlier. In my case shutdown.bat
– Click Next and Finish button.
To abort shutdown:
– Go to Start => Run
– And, in the Run Dialog Box type shutdown -a or In command Prompt.
If you have any questions, you can comment below.